- Fill in your lips with a color darker than what you would use during the day.
- Try parting your hair differently, in a zigzag or oblique line, or pulling it back with a hairband crusted with shiny beads.
- Layer your tops so you can toss outer layers if it gets warm inside the restaurant or bar. Try a twinset with a sweater and shell.
- Keep in mind that a top with a complicated pattern or texture warrants a simple bottom, and vice versa.
- Nix light-colored jeans for darker, indigo ones. Tinker with skirt and pant lengths, wearing capri pants or a skirt that cuts just below the knee.
- Choose shoes to match. Clunky shoes with thick soles pair well with jeans; try teaming skirts with dainty-heeled mules.
- Paint your toenails if you’re wearing open-toed shoes.
- Remember accessories. Try gemstone stud earrings if you have short-cropped hair. Wear a simple necklace with a scoop-neck shirt and show off your neck.